Sunday, September 23, 2018

Sunday Musings


It's almost that time of year again. In a few weeks, if the weather continues to turn cooler, our street will be lined with trees like the ones above. When I visit our place in Tennessee, the air smells crisp and fresh too. It's like Mother Nature is giving us the beautiful cascade of colors before the cold gray of winter seeps in. 

I love the smell of fires burning and the dewy grass in the morning. I've always found this time of year to be a renewal to my spirit. I see God's hand in everything this time of year. 

This past week was a hard one. Life can sometimes take us by storm. Decisions need to be made. Unexpected bills fill our mailboxes. It's life. Good things happen too. I've been so blessed that my new release, Starting Over, has done so well. I've had amazing reviews and some not so amazing. But, someone is reading my work and that's what matters to me. 

I'm getting to attend my first GayRomanceLit event. Riding the waves of excitement and scared "well you know what". As much as I love to meet readers and other authors, this event is huge for me. I'm used to being one of a handful of M/M authors at a venue. GRL is all authors with a heart for the LBGQT community. I'm just a little dot on a big card at this event. I'm also a fangirl of some of the other authors as well. They've encouraged me with their skill and their words. 

Today we celebrated my husband's birthday and next week we will celebrate 43 years of marriage. What a milestone for a couple to achieve? It's never been easy but it's been worth it. 

So on this Sunday, I guess I'm just reflecting on things happening now and things to come. What causes you to reflect? 

hugs,
CJ


No comments:

Post a Comment